A Financial Planning Associate supports Financial Advisors in serving existing clients. An FPA must have strong critical-thinking skills and work well within and across teams. A qualified candidate is a clear communicator, is detail-oriented, has a high degree of follow-through, handles multiple tasks efficiently, and thrives in a fast-paced working environment where every day is different.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inputs data into financial planning software and develops initial planning recommendations
- Is responsible for all aspects of pre-client meeting activities (such as scheduling meetings and preparing meeting agendas and client portfolio presentations) as well as post-client meeting tasks (such as processing client meeting notes, entering data into the database, and setting tasks for client requests)
- Provides dedicated support to Financial Advisors through collaboration and organization
- Interacts with other team members and departments to provide excellent client service
- Completes client and advisor requests and any special projects as assigned by manager
- 1+yr experience in financial services in client service or paraplanning, CFP or desire to get CFP.