Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant.
- Manage and review fund valuations, partnership allocations, and performance calculations for U.S., international, equity and fixed income portfolios
- Prepare/Review partnership allocations
- Prepare/Review revenue accruals and monthly/quarterly AUM
- Evaluate any investment and/or operation-related errors. Analyze materiality to the portfolio and work on solution
- Review monthly wire process
- Manage and review quarterly fee reimbursement/revenue payments
- Research accounting, audit, and tax related issues or requirements
- Liaise and coordinate with tax preparers in preparing and reviewing the tax work papers and tax returns including but not limited to k-1s and PFICs
- Plan, prepare and manage interim and year-end audit process
- Manage, prepare and review investor ad-hoc inquiries and or annual confirmations
- Liaise internally with various departments i.e. Trade-ops, Client Services, and Compliance with various projects and mandates
- Liaise externally with external service providers e.g. PBs, Custodians, legal counsels on related fund day-to-day tasks
- Function as a team lead for projects and departmental processes
- Identify areas of operation risk, propose process improvements and system enhancements. Work with key people to develop and implement.
- Present Symphony’s portfolio accounting processes in client and prospect due diligence meetings.
- Assist in the implementation of various firm initiatives (related to Accounting function) i.e. Datawarehouse, SharePoint, Portfolio system upgrade etc.,
- Ability to handle multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, hands-on, self-starter and meet tight deadlines
- Superior analytical, numeric and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Detail oriented, reliable and strong work ethic
- Ability to readily cope with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment, team builder, motivate subordinates and maintain good reports internally and externally
- Understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit and AUP work of a private company engagement
- Demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statement presentation
- Demonstrated ability to perform research and analyze financial statements and audit-related issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of partnership taxation, book to tax differences, wash sales analyses, qualified dividends, PFICs, and experience reviewing Schedule K-1, Form 1065, and CA 565.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance tax or related field.
- CPA, Partnership, and investment industry tax knowledge a plus
- 5 years experience in financial services industry with similar duties.
- 1-2 years of private/public experience emphasis on tax.
- 2-3 years of public emphasis on audit.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Advent Geneva and WSO desired; as well as SharePoint and data warehouse systems.